Skip to main content

Walk signal

The blackened sky promises more than just rain. 

The promise of complete destruction knocks on a frail, weathered door. 

Open door

Close door

Open door

Half way 

Door falling of the hinges, fresh paint covering the mildew. 

Strange hands gripping the handle, almost loosening the last rusting screw. 

The blackened sky promises more than just rain. 

Syncing with the troubled wind, secretly hoping for the rain.

Still

The unknown, blackened sky promises more than just rain. 

Trust the wind, trust the promise of rain. 

Trust. 

Blue skies painted black with false hope and broken hearts. 

Misguided, falling for the promise of rain. 

Was it wrong to hope, for a little bit of rain? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BECOMING

  What makes you, you? The unbecoming The Journey to Greatness The unloved Finding Love The Unholy Finding God The Undoing The Unlucky The Creating Walking Away and Finding Peace. What makes you, you.

It Was Good For Me That I Was Afflicted

  It must be disheartening to know I have had to heal from you that your betrayal is one of the reasons for   the crisp clear   obvious lines I now flaunt   You must have suffered some disappointment by my loss of poor self-esteem because I had found the courage to become inconvenient for you   You must have had some pondering days   Because I was good to you   and you knew I never deserved it But   it was good for me that I was afflicted   It was good that your big, bad, broad, petty back was turned when I truly needed you because I would still be hanging on to your coattails It was good for me that I was afflicted   I had to fight my way through my own self-inflicted wounds to wind up in my healing alone I was overly confident about my position in your life I thought you were a day one even though you weren’t around since day one   But had the feeling like a day one Maybe because I treated you like a day one and things that happened felt like day one kinda mentality but   You proved