Skip to main content

Some Friend

It's all good and dandy when I'm smiling and being everybody's favorite friend. 
Let me fall off and then everything and whatever becomes an "issue".
I remember when I was being strong; strength was failing but I hung on to that rope. 
The rope broke, I fell.
I fell so deep, deeper than I've ever been. 
It took a while and so much work to get out. 
But, 
Apparently being down isn't cool when and I couldn't be there to listen; when I wasn't smiling and pretend that everything was ok with me. 
It's not cool when I shut down because I got were cold shoulders and abrupt responses when I needed a friend. 
Apparently, It's not cool and I  become the villain because someone asked how I've been. 
Someone who didn't judge my absence and was genuinely concerned but that wasn't the problem.
The problem was the I wasn't there to hear your whining because I was in too much pain. 
The pain you didn't see and pain you didn't care to see.
But, it's all good and dandy when I'm smiling and being everybody's favorite friend. 

8/2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk signal

The blackened sky promises more than just rain.  The promise of complete destruction knocks on a frail, weathered door.  Open door Close door Open door Half way  Door falling of the hinges, fresh paint covering the mildew.  Strange hands gripping the handle, almost loosening the last rusting screw.  The blackened sky promises more than just rain.  Syncing with the troubled wind, secretly hoping for the rain. Still The unknown, blackened sky promises more than just rain.  Trust the wind, trust the promise of rain.  Trust.  Blue skies painted black with false hope and broken hearts.  Misguided, falling for the promise of rain.  Was it wrong to hope, for a little bit of rain? 

BECOMING

  What makes you, you? The unbecoming The Journey to Greatness The unloved Finding Love The Unholy Finding God The Undoing The Unlucky The Creating Walking Away and Finding Peace. What makes you, you.

I am the Sun

I am the sun.  I rise, strong I stand,  stronger  with a purpose to shine.  I am the sun.  I set subtly and with power leaving behind a day’s worth of pain. A day’s worth of joy. A day worth remembering for a lifetime.  I am the sun.